Fine Art Movers
J. Barber Moving & Storage’s art movers might not be able to paint something as majestic as the Sistine Chapel, but we can most certainly move it from one location to another, and we can do the same with your fine art pieces. We’ll take especially good care of all of your art pieces and art shipping needs in order to make sure that they arrive at your new place in perfect condition.
Our Other Residential Moving Options
Why Art Requires Special Moving Care
It doesn’t matter how new or how old your art pieces are, special lengths need to be taken in order to make sure that they aren’t damaged during your move. Special considerations to make when moving art include:
- Making sure art work is well-protected in case it falls or tips over in the moving truck
- Letting art movers know which pieces are fragile, valuable, or old
- Moving artwork that is especially vulnerable to fluctuations in temperature in a special climate controlled art shipping truck in order to properly preserve and protect the piece
Tips for Protecting Fine Art during a Move
- One of the very best things you can do for your art is to wrap it up in either bubble wrap or glassine, which is a glossy transparent paper.
- Make sure that your art is labeled so that the art movers are aware of which pieces they need to handle gently.
- You can also categorize your art pieces so movers know which rooms to place them in, which can come in handy if any of your artwork is especially heavy. You don’t want to have to move any heavy pieces from room to room on your own.
- Since artwork is so delicate, it’s a good idea to wait to move all of your pieces at the very end of your move so that you don’t have to worry about them becoming damaged as you’re moving the rest of your belongings.
The next time you’re in need of a licensed and insured art shipping company for your local or international move, be sure to call J. Barber Moving & Shipping at 888-667-1803 or contact us online.